What Is Direct Entry Scheme To Get Australian Visa?
The direct entry stream is available only for applicants that are outside of Australia or for applicants who are unable to apply for the temporary residence transition stream.
Eligibility of the visa
The visa applicants can get the visa for direct entry stream Australian visa on the few conditions:
- One has to be nominated by an approved Australian employer within the six months before they apply.
- You have to be under the age of 45 if in case you are applying under the direct entry stream.
- One should have the required skill and qualifications for the position at the time applying.
- One can get visa if they have appropriate English language skills at the time of application.
- You should have a mandatory license, professional registration or the registration for being suitable.
- Should meet health and character requirements.
- One also has to meet the specific character requirements; a person has to present a police certificate from all the countries that he/she has lived in for atleast 12 months in the past 10 years after their 16th
The direct entry stream is mainly for:
- People who have been nominated by their Australian employer using the direct entry stream.
- Those who have worked briefly or have never worked in Australia.
- The temporary residents who did not qualify using the temporary residence transition stream.
There are some points that count as additional criteria for direct entry stream residence visa Australia like:
- A person has to be nominated for a job under the stream along with an approved nomination.
- One has either stayed briefly or never stayed in Australia.
- You have a temporary work visa but haven’t been qualified for applying through the temporary transition stream.
- You are applying for the visa while you are not in Australia.
Benefits of getting this visa
- One can live in Australia for an indefinite period.
- A person can study and work in Australia.
- A person will be eligible to enrol in Australia’s Medicare scheme for health related expenses.
- A person can apply for an Australian citizenship.
- You can sponsor your eligible relatives for permanent residency.
- A person can travel from Australia to other countries for a span of five years from the date their visa has been granted.
These are the following documents that are required for getting a direct entry visa:
- Evidence that your skills have been assessed by a suitable assessing authority.
- One is also required to submit their curriculum vitae.
- Copies of all the qualifications and work experience need to be submitted.
- Registration, licensing or professional membership that is required for one’s occupation in the state of territory in which one will be working.
One should keep all the following points in mind and also check with the said authorities before applying for direct entry visa Australia. A person should also keep all the documents ready before applying for the visa.